THE APPROVAL PROCESS
The first step for furniture consignment* is to either email photos of your items to email@example.com (preferred) or bring your mobile device with photos to the store for consideration. We do get very busy though and really don’t want you to have to wait…this is why we prefer emailed photos. We try to respond within 24-36 hours and please remember, we are closed on Mondays.
If you have accessories for consideration, please email photos with any pertinent information to help us access value for resale. After preapproval, you may email or call to schedule an appointment to deliver these. We ask if you have more than 5 items that you bring a list of your items to speed up the review and check-in processes.
With your photos, please accurately disclose the condition of your furniture, noting any damage, deep scratches, stains, rips, fading, missing parts, pet odors, etc. This will help avoid any preapproval and/or acceptance problems once the items are delivered here.
All items must be clean and in very good, great or excellent condition. We don’t have the staff to clean or repair your merchandise. Please understand that Kiss It Good Buy is not a thrift store and therefore have higher standards for the items we accept and offer for sale in-store and online. *Any additional information you can provide is helpful when considering your merchandise (brand name, age, condition, original price and/or receipts, etc.). This information helps us price your merchandise as well.
WHEN DO WE ACCEPT CONSIGNMENT?
We accept pre-approved furniture consignments on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays by appointment. If needed, we can provide you several recommendations for pick-up/delivery of your heavier items, so let us know if you are in need of this service.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• When you drop off your items, they will be inspected to make sure they are in the condition described and with no undisclosed damage.
• All items must be clean and in very good, great or excellent condition. We’re a small business and simply don’t have the staff to clean your merchandise.
• Our consignment agreement is a 90-day contract period (with possible extension at our discretion and/or we can donate your unsold items for you and provide you with a donation slip).
• Items will be marked down 10-20% every 30 days for a maximum of 50% within the 90 day contract period
• You’ll receive a 50/50 split of the sale, meaning you get half, and we get half of the proceeds
HOW DO I GET PAID?
We ask that you contact us at least by the end of your contract. Some consignors check ever 30 days, others wait until the end of the contract. Whatever works best for you as long as you contact us by the end of the contract. Then it is the consignor’s responsibility to let us know when you want to go on the next payout for a check. We prefer to write larger checks vs. smaller ones, especially when you have several items on consignment. Proceeds due to the consignor will be payable 30 days after the date of sale for each item. Checks are processed on the 20th of each month by request and will be ready for you to pick up on the 21st or thereafter.